Construction Boom at Fraser Coast
Accompanying this construction boom will no doubt be a sea of high-vis workers laying the essential infrastructure and building the housing and commercial districts of the future metro, including the planned large-scale development in Hervey Bay.
Protecting the health and safety of these workers is a key legal duty of the business that employs them. Construction is a high-risk industry with around 1 – 2 fatalities per month across Australia and many more left sick or injured. The legislative framework, including WHS Regulations and Codes of Practice, has laid the groundwork for how the risks to construction workers should be managed, including:
- High-Risk Construction Work, for example:
- Mobile Plant
- Work over 2m (working at heights)
- Work in a Trench / Shaft (over 1.5m)
- Work on or next to a Roadway
- Duties of Principal Contractor
- Health and Safety Management Plans
- Safe Work Method Statements
At Spire Safety, we provide expert and practical advice on how to implement compliance requirements across a wide variety of industries. Call us now for an obligation-free quote.