How Can We Help?
Table of Contents
< All Topics

Rushed Job Results in $1.6 Million Damages: Court Holds Companies Liable for Negligence

WHS Case LawThe NSW Supreme Court has ruled that two companies must pay more than $1.6 million in damages to a labour-hire worker who tripped over a vac-truck hose while performing a supposedly mundane task.

Acting Justice Michael Elkaim found that the worker was “rushed” to complete the job which didn’t allow him sufficient time to take care of the position of the hose nor where he was placing his feet.

Justice Elkaim attributed 80% of the liability to the worker’s host employer for failing to identify the worker’s unsafe method. The remaining 20% was apportioned to labour-hire company whose unqualified recruitment officer was responsible for overseeing the worker.

For more cases like this, visit our Case Studies Page.

Contact Us