This Work Safely at Heights course is aimed at those who are required to carry out work at heights or access areas where they are exposed to the risk of a fall.
The course covers identifying work requirements and instructions for undertaking the task, selecting, checking and using heights safety equipment, performing the work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
Students will be trained in the practical application of best practice work procedures, as well as the regulatory framework and how it applies to entry and work in confined spaces. Students will learn to:
- Access, interpret and apply technical and safety information for working at heights.
- Assess hazards and risks associated with working at heights and implementing control methods.
- Select, wear and maintain personal protective equipment.
- Identify required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment.
- Check the correct fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment.
- Perform work safely at heights.